Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Whooping Cough

Sunday morning, Junior woke up with a fever, a slight fever but a fever. So we skipped church. Except for the fever, he seemed ok but you never can tell with kids.


Monday early, early in the morning, he woke us up crying. He was crying because he said he was coughing and his throat hurt and he was never ever going to get well and he was going to die.



Did I ever say he is a bit meladramatic?



I finally got him to stop crying because I told him that it would make his throat hurt worse to cry.



Until I mentioned that he had a fever. Then it started again.



Anyway, we have been staying at home mostly because it is cold and he is sick. Well, we found out today that whooping cough is going around and has been documented at one of the local schools.



A school that Daisy has a friend at. A friend that she was glued to at a 4-H food and nutrition workshop where they made food that they ate. A friend that has a cough. A friend that went to the health department and was told to call us.



So we went today to the health department, got Junior tested, and received antibiotics for the whole family.



I am so grateful that we didn't go see my in-laws this weekend. While my mother-in-law is done with her surguries, she still hasn't completly recovered (I posted about it on my other blog here).



So we need to stay home at least until friday and we find out for sure if he has whooping cough or not.



Last week I had wished for a quiet week at home. This isn't quite what I meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment