Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Junior's first trip to the urgent care clinic

I have to say, considering I called him death-wish boy, I am really impressed that he made it this far without having to go to the clinic because of an injury. I know some moms of boys who are almost on first name basis with the ER staffs.

We had made it this far without a trip to the dr due to an injury, but had to go last night. So what did he do?

Well, it was a splinter. I can get out most splinters but this one was deep and . . . in a tender area.

He got the splinter in . . . .

Well, the kids have a wooden swing set and there is a ramp going up to the fiberglass slide. For some reason, they like sliding down the ramp.

Although, I don't know if they will do that anymore though.

Because the splinter, it was in one of the cheeks. Of his boohonkus (as he said).

Poor kid, they did give him an injection of lidocaine (a shot to make the story even better) but ended up using a scalpel to try to get the splinter out.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know whether to laugh or cry (for him) over this one... YOUCH!

    Recent blog post: Reminder

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Boohonkus, that's great word.

    My brother slid down a stair rail when he was young and found himself in a similar situation. My parents didn't take him to the ER though. My dad made him lay on the table where he pulled out all the splinters with a pair of tweezers.

    Being the loving sister that I am, I laughed so hard I cried.

    Recent blog post: Down Dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! Poor boy. Hopefully he'll only have to learn that lesson once. Ouch.

    I won't tell you where I once found a TICK after our family had gone on a hike through the woods. It was traumatic enough that I remember it well some 20 years later. I imagine this particular accident will remain with Junior well into his adulthood, too.

    Hope he's less sore by now.

    Recent blog post: Vacation

    ReplyDelete