Saturday, May 9, 2009

Oh what a night!

My feet hurt but it was worth it.

We had our Relay for Life last night and it was . . . amazing.

The turn out was fantastic, over 80 teams and almost 900 registered participant - not counting those who weren't registered. The weather was nice - well hot and muggy but this is east Texas.

My family came up for "a little while" and ended up staying almost 6 hours. Daisy stuck it out all night with me - she was a bit zombie-ish when we left.

They had a luminary ceremony where they lit luminaries in honor of cancer survivors or in memory of a loved one. All the lights were turned out and all you could see were the luminaries.

The whole event was fun and amazing. And productive! Our team raised $1350 for cancer research, and since most of us hadn't done Relay before, we didn't do a whole lot of fundraising.

I still have a lot to process (and am still a bit sleep deprived) so there may be more on this later.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that it was a positive experience for you. Catch up on the rest, and I can't wait to hear more about it later.

    Recent blog post: Staycation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great turn out. I love charity events, they're just so uplifting.

    Recent blog post: Waterfall Canyon Hike

    ReplyDelete