Monday, November 17, 2008

Feeling Blessed

It's amazing how a humdrum, same-old/same-old Monday can be so wonderful.

Daisy had asked Jesus into her heart on Oct 3, 2006 --she was 7-- and since then we have had some fairly deep discussions. We have discussed things in front of Junior, but in a fairly toned down way.

About 4 months ago, we were finishing up the Narnia Chronicles, with The Last Battle (an absolutely wonderful series, I highly recommend it). The Last Battle **spoiler alert** deals with the end of Narnia, somewhat as a parallel to our end times. So she and I were discussing that, and how those who haven't accepted Jesus would go into the pit, according to the Bible. Because Junior was in the room, I chose pit because it was less scary than "lake of fire", "hell" or any of the other names. He didn't say anything but was apparently listening.

Then in early September he had a little problem with a slightly damaged wall and was completely convinced he was going to die.

This morning, a normal quiet morning, I was checking my email while the kids were finishing breakfast. Junior crawled up next to me and said "Mommy, how do you get Jesus in your heart?"

The laptop closed and my full focus was on Junior and his heavenly Father. I told Junior, what to pray and immediately he folded his hands and prayed. After talking with him, I found out that he prayed because he didn't want to go into the pit. Because we hadn't really been talking with him, he didn't know how much more there is.

I had assumed, silly me, that he was too young to think about something this big.
But God knew better.

No comments:

Post a Comment