Thursday, November 20, 2008

I deserve an award of some kind

and I will be by to pick it up as soon as I have had a bath in boiling water.
* shuddering *

Most animals I like, there are very few things that just completely gross me out; roaches, snakes in my yard, mice, rats, and grasshoppers and crickets. yes, I know it's stupid to be scared of grasshoppers and crickets. They just creep me out. Bad childhood experience.

Daisy went out to feed her rabbits and called me out because she saw what she thought was a rat next to the house.

I don't want a mouse or rat near my house.

Neighboring town maybe.

So now what do I do? I can't leave it out there -- it could come in.

So I got a fishing net and trapped it. Put it in a huge rubbermaid tote that we had an outdoor goldfish in (long story, but the goldfish died and it was empty). I then got an empty fishtank that we use for the occasional small wildlife we catch -ususally frogs and turtles. I scooped the rodent from the tote into the fishtank and then went and threw up.

For those of you that think I should take it and release it in the country. Sorry, not me.

  1. I AM NOT getting in a small enclosed space like a car with a wild rodent.

  2. I live in the country. This could be one that someone caught in the city and released out here. Thanks for that!


By the way, I am now thinking it was a mouse not a rat. I held a ruler next to the tank and sizewise, it is the size of a full grown mouse. From some of the other things I read (tail lenght, ear size, etc), I am pretty sure it is a full grown mouse, rather than an immature rat. In any case, for my peace of mind, it is a mouse. If that means I won't get the award . . . still a mouse.

What am I going to do with it? I am going to wait until my wonderful husband comes home and he can do something with it. Maybe take it to the city, now that its vacation is over.

1 comment:

  1. You're my hero. I would have locked the doors and windows and called the police.

    ReplyDelete