Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Amusing Mathematics Old Schoolhouse November Module

I really enjoyed Amusing Mathmatics. which is pretty amazing since I have never really liked math.


Ok, the truth is I hated math.


I am still not too fond of math but I really enjoy Amusing Mathmatics. My daughter liked it too. In fact, I didn’t get to read through the whole thing at first because I had to stop so she could play with the tangrams.


Amusing Mathmatics. is a great ebook, even for confirmed mathophobes like me. There are activities such as

  • tangrams - ancient Chinese puzzles of shapes
  • jokes and riddles
  • Pattern Blocks
  • math puzzles
  • sodoku.
Tips are hidden throughout, like an easy way to figure out the answer to 9 x any other number.


I love the copywork for Amusing Mathmatics.! It has rhymes to help remember the difference between coins; the difference in measurement between cups, pints, quarts, and gallons; and other math rhymes.


If you want to add a little fun into your math studies, look no further than Amusing Mathmatics.

No comments:

Post a Comment