Friday, November 21, 2008

three sixes

I saw this meme on Our Little Togginator's blog and thought it looked interesting. So here goes.

6 things I value



  1. My relationship with God-This has gotten me through 2 high-risk pregnancies, my father's cancer, my mother's and my MIL's open heart surgeries and more small crisis' than I can count. As for wondering if He exists, since both my children are alive because of miracles, you can not convince me He doesn't exist.


  2. my children-I love snuggling up with them and reading a book, I love the smell of their hair, I love how they are getting into deeper thoughts, I love how they are relating to each other - most of the time.


  3. my husband- I am blessed with one of those "prince among men." He is kind, generous, compassionate, cool-headed and as handy as a pocket on a shirt. Except for his horrible taste in movies and television shows, he is wonderful.


  4. my family- I have got such a wonderful family, I was blessed by Godly grandparents; parents who took me to church even when I didn't want to go;and my siblings whose very existence taught me necessary skills like being able to pick bathroom locks. I love them all dearly, even though there is no such thing as a secret in my family. Information travels faster in my family than it possibly could in cyber-space. I am further blessed by in-laws who love my children and would do anything for them. They also love me too.


  5. the ability to homeschool- I love the ability to be with my kids everyday most of the day. I love to see that little spark that says they get it. I love spending time with them. I will admit it, some days are not good days but the good days outweigh the bad.. I know homeschooling is not for everyone but it has been wonderful for us.


  6. Friends - both online and in real life. Enough said.





6 Things I don’t support



  1. Lying - It seems to run rampant in our neighborhood, kids telling lies about each other. I suppose I should be glad that the neighborhood kids are not good liars, but my two fall for it. They have both been taught that lying is wrong and so they don’t understand why someone would lie for no real reason. Its just a pet peeve of mine, since I knew people who would rather lie than tell the truth.


  2. Cruelty of any sort - I don’t care if it is toward a person or animal. No one and nothing deserves to be treated with cruelty. Physical, verbal, or mental - it is all wrong.


  3. name calling and other forms of political *%^&#Grow up. It is not polite and participating in it just means you need your mouth washed out with soap. I have seen 5 year olds fighting over a toy that behaved better than both political parties.


  4. creatures that creep me out - I am not particularly girly in the animal department. I like lizards and horned toads and daddy long-legs and all sorts of things that creep others out. I just don’t like snakes in my yard, any other place is fine; crickets and grasshoppers; roaches; and mice and rats.


  5. aspartame - I know the FDA says it safe kindof like they did with cigarettes but I have had problems with nutrasweet and I don’t want my kids eating it. Did you know though, it is nearly impossible to get away from? It is in all children’s chewable medicine (I wasn’t able to find any that didn’t have it), chewable vitamins (hard to find without aspartame) and Juicy Fruit gum which contains sugar but they still add aspartame.


  6. forwards - I get so tired of those. I have already read many of them and to be honest, it just annoys me to be told “If you don’t forward this to 15 people you will have horrible luck” or “send this to everyone in your contact list and see how many send it back. If no one sends it back, no one likes you.” I refuse to send them back on principle so don’t feel unloved if I don’t send one back.



The third 6 is people I have tagged, however I am not going to tag anyone. If you want to do this one, go ahead, I would love to read it. If you don’t, nothing bad will happen.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! Pitiful we have to communicate this way, ha! Maybe one day we'll see eachother in church...but let's not get our hopes up...hee hee

    ReplyDelete