Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

This year with Hubby's work schedule, we didn't get the fake tree down from the attic, or the decorations. I could give you the long explanation but I am not going to do that.

Plus we were afraid the cats would wreck the ornaments.

So the other day we cut down this little pine tree - since we live in a forest it's not a big deal. This was not a tree farm tree. It is tall and spindle-y and looks like a gawky teenage version of Charlie Browns tree.

The ornaments were all handmade out of construction paper by my children the day we put up the tree - except for the small stuffed animals.

It is one of the ugliest Christmas trees in my life.

But it is also one of the most beautiful trees in my life.

My husband and I did not have any part in decorating the tree other than putting it in a stand and putting a string of lights up it.

Our children made the decorations and put them on the tree.

One of the "ornaments" is a paper mache bowl made by Junior and is turned upside-down representing the stone in front of the tomb.

There is a cross made of construction paper that represents the cross and another that represents the star.

There is a paper chain that represents nothing but there are paper rings that represent Jesus and Mary and Joseph and the girl raised from the dead and the blind man and the man with leprosy.

I heard my children discussing that a birthday is wonderful but Jesus would have been just another baby if it wasn't for what he did on the cross for us.

That is what makes this tree my favorite.


Wishing you and all of your family a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment