Wednesday, March 19, 2008

who I am

I am mom to my two kids, and married to my wonderful husband for almost 12 years. We homeschool, using mostly Charlotte Mason methods and are active in 4-H, Softball, T-ball, with our church and our local homeschool group.I am Mama Duck to my two ducklings, and married to my wonderful husband for almost 12 years. We homeschool, using mostly Charlotte Mason methods and are active in 4-H, Softball, T-ball, with our church and our local homeschool group.


Actually the softball, t-ball thing is new and it is NOT something I am good at. Oh, I can cheer the kidlets in their game, I can explain some of the concepts (like the imaginary box that makes a ball good or not when at bat), I will even be delighted to bring snacks or something like that. But me helping the kidlets practice is really a bad thing.


After prodding by their daddy, I took the kiddos outside to practice today. I should mention that I am scared of the ball, really scared of the ball. I have told that to my husband but I don't think he took me seriously.


I am really not sure which was worse, the moment the youngest, barely 5, was laughing because "Mommy is a scaredy-cat" or the times the older child pointed out, she would just "toss it gently so it won't hurt."


I am absolutely delighted to say that neither one of them got my athletic ability, so they are actually pretty good even though they haven't been playing long. And who knows, by the end of the season, I may be able to pitch to my daughter without ducking into the modified-tornado-drill-stance.

1 comment: