Friday, November 6, 2009

My first time

Well, I filed my first complaint ever with the Better Business Bureau.

I don't like doing that. I am not that kind of a person. I am the kind of person who gets mad, complains to family and then carries out a one person boycott.

I didn't complain about the dr who possibly caused my pregnancies to be high risk.

I didn't complain about the anesthesiologist that bullied me into using the type of local that he wanted to use for my surgery (spinal vs epidural). I didn't even complain after the spinal didn't go well.

But I did complain about the dental office that tortured my child and then called me a bad mother.

Oh! And now they are saying that they don't restrain children because they don't want it to be a bad experience. So I should be glad that they didn't make it more traumatic than it was. Hmmm, maybe I should have slapped the office manager and then said "Well, at least I didn't hit you as many times as I could have."

And they are now saying that the wait a year plan is something they would never do because of course insurance wouldn't pay.

And that possibly some of the money owed is because insurance only paid half of what they promised to pay for Junior's work. So I am not sure if they really know what the amount owed is for.

In any case, I have now sent a complaint to the BBB and will hopefully hear something sooner rather than later. I am also going to send a complaint to the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners and I think there is one other place I can complain to. As of right now, I don't want to post a negative review on every dental and local review site.

Really I just want this whole thing to go away and to never have to deal with that office again - on the other hand, the idea of paying them anymore money is repugnant.

Either way, the ball is about to be back in their court.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe them! Ugh!

    Good for you for filing the report :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to congratulate you on reporting them. I took the time to report an ER doctor once - she misdiagosed an ovarian cyst - and let me go home... it ruptured and went away, but it could have just as easily gone bad and killed me. There is no excuse for bad medical care - I can understand small minior oversights or mistakes, but not big mistakes that THEY need to take responsibility for. If nothing else - the TSBDE will take a look at them - the might not do anything like the medical board did with my case, but at least you'll know that they checked it out.

    ReplyDelete