And so I started a blog, only I didn't really know what I was doing and eventually moved those contents over here. Almost a year ago I started blogging fairly frequently - usually at least once a week - and have made some amazing friends both nearby and across the world.
So the other day I won 2 blog awards and I need to pass them on. This is harder to do than you might realize. I tried to choose blogs that fit the guidelines of the rules, but also choose ones that do post fairly often - usually at least once a week - and haven't been on an extended bloggy break.
Anyway, the first award is . . .
The Honest Scrap Award given to me by Jules at Enjoying the Story. Thank you so much! I would turn around and give it back to you, but I don't think you would appreciate it.
Here's the rules:
In accepting this award, I need to do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving
Ok, for my Ten Honest Things...
- I am a night owl. No really. If I go to bed before midnight, I am sick.
- I am not a very good friend because it is really hard for me to pick up the phone and call someone. I hate to be an interruption or a pest so I rarely call.
- I am not a picky eater but I hate cole slaw. Seriously. I get queasy at the name and if I smell it or think about it I can feel the gag reflex.
- I don't mind dogs, I just don't like being licked. or jumped on. or barked at. I am really more of a cat person.
- I can make balloon animals.
- I used to be able to read in the car with no problem. Now as an adult though, I get car sick.
- I would rather read than watch tv. All the same, I watch entirely too much TV.
- I don't have a problem with most creepy-crawlies. I used to catch lizards and horney toads (horned toads/lizards for those of you outside the state of Texas.) I find a lot of the insect world facinating, especially dragonflies, damselflies, preying mantis and walking sticks.
- I am scared by crickets and grasshoppers. I know, out of all the insects I happen to be afraid of the one that scares fewer people.
- My Daddy made sure that I had essential skills like being able to clean a fish and change a tire before I left home. He did not, however, inform me about changing the oil - or having it changed.
And now for the blogs I pass this award on to:
- Kim at Thoughts by Kim
- Jenn at From the Desk of a Princess
- Catherine at The Picket Fence
- Kim at The Misadventures of Mub
- FroggyMama at Lifting my Eyes
- Melanie at Four Squares
- Jennifer at For Such a Time as This
And the next award is . . .
The rules of the "One Lovely Blog Award" are: accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award. Thank you so much Kim! I really do appreciate it.
- Brenda at The Family Revised
- Evonne at Wholesome Learning
- Firefly at Flickers of a Faithful Firefly
- Beth at An Instrument 4 His Glory
- Collette at Jesus Loves Mums
- Calista at Can I get a Witness?
- Heather at Not a DIY life
- Cheryl at Adventures of a Somewhat Crunchy Mama
- Amy Beth at Ministry So Fabulous
- Grateful for Grace at Grateful for Grace
- Heidi and Patty atAdding Zest to your Nest
- Joy at The Five J's
- Amy at Mom's Toolbox
- Amanda at Garibay Soup
- Tyler at Titus 2:3-5