Monday, August 10, 2009

Rock of Ages - the musical

Ok, I have a confession. Sometimes I skim read and jump to conclusions. When I saw that I could review Rock of Ages for One2One network I leapt at the chance. How cool to review a musical based on hymns.

Or not.

Because that is not what this Rock of Ages is. Boy do I feel dumb. For those of you like me, Rock of Ages is the new five time Tony nominated Broadway musical starring American Idol finalist Constantine Maroulis. It is set in 1987 on the Sunset Strip in a club where a small-town girl meets a big-city dreamer and they fall in love to some of the greatest metal songs of the 80's. It is told through the hits of Journey, Bon Jovi, Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Foreigner, Twisted Sister, Poison, Asia, Whitesnake and more.

These are songs I remembered from Jr high (even though I wasn't a metal head). Some of these I haven't heard in 20 years so I really enjoyed listening to it.





Here is the tracklist:

Just Like Paradise / Nothin' But A Good Time
Sister Christian
We Built This City / Too Much Time On My Hands
I Wanna Rock
We're Not Gonna Take It
Heaven/More Than Words / To Be With You
Waiting For A Girl Like You
Wanted Dead Or Alive
I Want To Know What Love Is
C** On Feel The Noize / We're Not Gonna Take It (Reprise)
Harden My Heart / Shadows Of The Night
Here I Go Again
The Final Countdown
Any Way You Want It / I Wanna Rock (Reprise)
High Enough
I Hate Myself For Loving You / Heat Of The Moment
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Can't Fight This Feeling
Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Oh Sherrie
The Search Is Over
Don't Stop Believin'

I really enjoyed it. I could see myself continuing to listen to it except it does have some non-family friendly bits and I am usually with my littles. There are things I don't want to explain yet to them. Like what a strip club is.

I have recommended it to some friends but just those that don't spend all their time with kids (or have older kids).

Some added info:

Making of Soundtrack video

Link to buy album

Just so you know, I get no payment of any sort for the review. I do get the CD but that is only so I can do the review. These are my thoughts and opinions on the CD. I also get no payment of any kind if you chose to buy the disk.

1 comment:

  1. You are a delight and I am glad that I stopped in here today.

    ReplyDelete