Thursday, August 13, 2009

The prayer of a child

Yesterday, Junior asked if I felt better and if my teeth still hurt. When I complained that yes they did, his face fell.

"I prayed that God would make you feel better and make your teeth stop hurting. I guess He said no."

Oh my! My baby boy prayed for me! That did me some good.

So I told him that God always answers prayers, sometimes He says yes, sometimes no and sometimes not yet. He looked a little confused so I went on, "It's like when you ask for candy, sometimes I say yes. If it is before lunchtime, I say not yet - you have to eat lunch first. If you just had some sugary treat then I say no." His face cleared as he understood what I was saying and felt better.

This morning he asked how I was doing and I was able to tell him I was feeling better, which was good because he had prayed again last night.

4 comments:

  1. What a blessing that your sweet boy prayed for you. You must have thought him how important it is!

    I just love how my sweet grandbabies pray for each other and anyone who is hurting. So sweet and so God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful! How lovely that he would do such a nice thing.
    Collette xxx

    ReplyDelete