Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mommy Creativity

I keep seeing moms who say and think they aren't creative.

I disagree completely because HELLO, kids make you be creative. Even if you aren't teaching your kids knitting or painting or whatever, you are still being creative.

Sometimes kids ask very creative questions that need creative answers.

Sometimes it takes being creative to make the punishment fit the crime.

Sometimes getting a kid to eat their vegetables calls for creativity.

Sometimes getting a child out of the house appropriately dressed takes creativity.

Every day I find I am having to be creative somehow with my kids and not just on art days. It may be convincing my kids to do something that they would rather not or trying to figure out how to explain something so that they "get it."

So don't tell me that you as a mom are not creative. I won't believe you.

No comments:

Post a Comment