Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Diane Birch - Bible Belt

I suppose she thought the title was appropriate having been raised as a missionary kid. I disagree. While I like the CD, it is not christian.

On the other hand, I feel ok with my kids listening to this one.

Now that I got that outta the way, Diane Birch does have an amazing voice. The songs on the album transported me. Fire Escape made me think of sitting outside on a hot Mississippi night sipping wine (I don't know exactly why). Valentino made me think of 2 little girls in the 40's dancing around in the kitchen to the music on the radio.

I am not sure exactly what genre of music this would be, iTunes classifies it as pop but I would say closer to jazz or blues. She also reminds me of Norah Jones so Diane Birch could be in the "vocal" category.

This is my first review for One2One, unfortunately I was not able to get it in quite as timely as I would have liked. I was supposed t be doing the review while the CD was delayed in the mail. It arrived after we left for a nearly 2 week vacation so at first I thought "oh well" but then I got to thinking about it and realized that I needed to do the review even though it is well after when they wanted it.

Anyway, if you like jazzy, bluesy pop you ought to check out Diane Birch's CD Bible Belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment