1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
Well, I would have to say long boring meeting because the return.exchange line I would have to be corralling my kids in a long line I didn't want to be in. The long boring meeting I would either not have the kids or if it is 4-H, the long boring meeting is their fault.
Plus the whole sit-down vs stand-up makes the meeting a winner anyway.
2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive?
As much as it sounds like a cop-out, it really depends on hormones. Most of the time I become passive-aggressive and retreat. There have been a very few occasions where I have gotten into a rage, but since I have felt the need to apologize afterward, I prefer to leave.
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
Primarily Scotch-Irish, some German, English, French - no Italian wich is amazing considering my love for all Italian food. There was one cousin who traced the family tree back to the Plantagentets (which only means something to the history buffs). I do have a cousin who was a movie star back in the black & white days, if I remember right her dad and my great grandmother were siblings. That's all I know about though.
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
To treat the old and the young with respect. To listen, both to what is said and what is not said.
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to.
Either cake or ice cream and it really depends on the mood and the weather.
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
No. Usually when I change purses, the old one is dead to me.
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
relationship My to-do list is too long for me to pay any attention to it.
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
Never eaten at Bob Evans, there isn't a Cracker Barrel nearby so by default I would say IHOP (but I would prefer Cracker Barrel)
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
No, if I do make a mistake and go to a movie I hate, I hold out hope to the very end that it will improve.
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?
Can I chose the whole thing?
11. Was middle school fun or painful?
Horrible, painful, awkward. Not that High school was a bowl of cherries either. I have come to terms with being a nerd or geek since then though.
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
We don't do fall here in this part of Texas, it goes from blasted hot to danged cold in a couple days. I have heard of a mythical event called fall but haven't witnessed it. Is it like the similarly mythical event called autumn?