Tuesday, March 16, 2010

book review – The Language of Love and Respect

love and respect.cover

Book Description:

An in-depth study of why your communication styles are not wrong, just different!

Finally an answer for the number one problem in marriages—communication! This analysis of the vital principles of cross-gender communication helps couples recognize they speak two different languages. They are sending each other messages in "code" but won't be able to crack that code until they realize that she listens to hear the language of love and he listens for respect.

Most advice on this subject fails to understand that husbands and wives are wired very differently, and when those wires get crossed, the communication sparks can fly!

Dr. Eggerich's best-selling book, Love and Respect, launched a revolution in how couples relate to each other. In The Language of Love and Respect he shares how that message can be applied.

Formerly titled Cracking the Communication Code.

 

My thoughts:

Altogether this is a good book full of sound advice and practical tips. It wasn’t anything incredibly earth shattering for me because I knew that one of the largest needs for men is respect. The Language of Love and Respect is helping me to see areas that I need to improve and ways I have been unintentionally wounding my husband without meaning to do so. I also really liked that  this was God centered because God is a very important part of a Christian marriage.

 

Would I recommend this book to others? Yes because I think it has something to help almost every marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment