Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Scrambled Eggs

Sometimes a baby brother is coddled and done for so much that he doesn’t know how to do anything for himself. And sometimes a big sister decides that he needs to learn.

 

Junior wanted some scrambled eggs and asked Daisy and I if someone would make them for him. She asked if he wanted to learn how to make them and he said he was too young.

 

I disagreed – he has a healthy respect for being burned and scrambled eggs are simple to do. So Daisy volunteered to teach him.

 

Part of me would like to have taught him but I could see the value to both kids if Daisy did the teaching.  I love letting them do things that strengthens their relationship to each other.

 

Never mind that I was also able to sit with my sore foot up while they did so.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that great!! It's always so cool to see them grow and learn new things!

    ReplyDelete