Wednesday, March 3, 2010

On death and dying

We buried my dad today.

 

To be honest, it was both expected and unexpected. He had end stage cancer but we really thought we had a few more weeks or even months.

 

For his sake I am so very, very glad that he is no longer in pain and has energy again.

 

For his sake I am glad that he is in heaven with his precious savoir.

 

For our sake, I miss him. I wanted him to meet his other grandchildren who are yet to be born. I wanted him to dance with my mother at my daughter’s wedding. I wanted him to call me up a few more hundred times to just say “hi.”

 

But I would not have asked him to live one more hour in pain.

 

Posting may be somewhat sparse in the next few weeks but I will be back soon-ish.

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christi - I can't even imagine what you must be going through. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. prayers for you and your family, christi...and hugs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear this, Christi and I hope your grief will soon be replaced by the comfort of God. I know this has been hard on you. We'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so sorry. God bless your familt.

    ReplyDelete