Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What a wonderful hubby I have

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men/Gang aft agley." Robert Burns

I had plans for a wonderful meal tonight but . . . it didn't happen the way I planned it. I put the corned beef in the crockpot and so that was bubbling nicely when we went to go run a few errands.

About 4:30 I started to get a headache, by 5 it was really bad. Between 5 and 7:30 I was laying down and trying various headache medicines (finally had to try the narcotics).

I don't know about you, but I don't find narcotics and cooking a good mix. Luckily, my wonderful Hubby stepped up and made mashed potatoes and cooked cabbage. He is an excellent cook with both, and I didn't feel like talking to tell him the recipes I had intended.

So we had a good Irish meal that included a version of everything I had intended (except the bread which I wouldn't ask him to make).

And the kids were grateful none of it was green except the cabbage.

Junior had said today that he was "never, ever going to eat anything else green." When we pointed out that some of his favorite food is green, he decided that if it was supposed to be green, it was ok (weird kid, he likes spinach, asperagus, broccoli, and green beans).

No comments:

Post a Comment