Sunday, January 4, 2009

Extreme Measures

Well, it has gotten to a very drastic point. I think that this is the only way that the situation can be remedied, even though I really hate to resort to these measures.

I am talking about exercise. Yep, I have lost almost 20 pounds since last January just by eating healthier but the weight loss has stopped. So now I have to start exercising if I want any more of it to come off.

Don't try to stop me.

It's got to be done. I've got about 50 more to go before I get to my "ideal weight"( as defined by BMI and various sources).

So anyway, here is the deal: I don't like exercise and at my size its not easy. Thing is, right now I am extremely bloated so its the ideal time to start really trying to lose weight. When else can you easily lose several pounds without effort? But since I will be making an effort, it will be almost like seeing instant results.

Right now I am pretty gung ho but I am sure that won't last long. So here is my plan, I am going to commit to at least 5 days a week of 30 minutes. Most weeks I am going to be doing 7 days a week but I have some events coming up that will make it difficult (trips out of town) so I am giving myself a little wiggle room.

But back to THE PLAN: I know in a week or two this isn't going to be sounding like fun and I will be coming up with all sorts of excuses to not work out. So, I am going to post here whether I worked out or not. See I am not going to post my whiney excuses, so it will be an added incentive.

So for the next 29 days expect to see a report of my workout. Why 29? Well there are 31 days in this month and I worked out yesterday and today and I say those 2 days count!

And here is my report:

Saturday Jan 3 -- I just got a new program called "My Fitness Coach" that works with the Wii and between that and the Wii Fit, I should be worked into shape (besides round). I did some with the Wii fit and then I did 15 minutes of yoga and 15 minutes of "core body workout" with the MFC (My Fitness Coach). Felt tired but pretty good after finishing.

Sunday Jan 4 -- I got up early and did a 30 minute aerobic workout with the MFC. It wasn't easy but I wasn't miserable. Hours later though, my muscles are talking to me. My legs, thighs, lower back, stomach, and shoulders are a little sore. Not too bad, but I am much less flexible now with the soreness than I was before. I am not looking forward to tomorrows workout.

I am still going to post that cornbread recipe, but not tonight. We are starting school again tomorrow so I need some rest.

4 comments:

  1. Ok...so how different is this MFC? I finally bought a wii fit w/a gift card I received at Christmas, worked it today. BUT...does it ever get to a point where you do a whole workout on wii fit or do you always have to click from exercise to exercise? I love it, I also do Yoga Booty Ballet workouts (can find them on ebay)...they are FUN, the 2 girls are sort of goofy,but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very different. MFC will put you through a test to see how fit you are (sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks) and then plan what is almost like a exercise DVD. Except it will ask how you are doing and if you say "this is easy" then the next one will be harder and if you say "can't keep up" then it will be easier next time. You can also choose a 15 minute, 30, 45, etc work out. It seems to be more of the "work up a sweat" workouts where the Wii Fit is working on balance.

    It doesn't use the fit board so you are more on your own as to whether or not you are doing the yoga poses correctly.

    Really if the two programs could be somehow blended, it would make an amazing program.

    I have unlocked almost all the items on the Wii fit, just 2 challenges left, and I don't think you can set it up where you do one after another. Really they should have that be an option. I do like that the Wii Fit weighs you and does the fit age (well, on the days I get a good result)

    Right now, Best Buy has them on sale for $19 instead of $29. I noticed because I had bought mine the day before at Hastings for $29.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blog! Thanks for stopping by my place - I look forward to reading more of yours.

    Good luck with those workouts!

    ReplyDelete