Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update on the baby bunnies


Well, the last female gave birth on December 11th to 4 kits but only one lived.

Because I was planning on keeping them inside for awhile, I just combined the litters. Now I can't really tell which one is from the other litter.

Opps.

Oh, well its not a really big deal.

Anyway, they stayed inside until this week being carried out every day to eat. At first I kept them in their nest box, but when they started getting more mobile I moved them to a 5 gallon bucket.


They stayed in this bucket until this week, when they started escaping. Now they are outside in their own cage -- Mama Nim likes having visitation only. They have plenty of fur so they should be ok.

Before they went outside, I did take some pictures and a short video. Just so you know, baby bunnies are like toddlers busy, active and won't stay still. So the video is then hopping out of the camera range and me putting them back in.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I once had a bunny that looked similar in markings (by which I mean white coat, pink eyes), but she was mean. Ironically, her name was Flopsy.

    ReplyDelete