Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lazy Sunday

I fell off the workout wagon.

I do have a good excuse though, some kind of stomach bug bit me.

So I didn't work out Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or today. The first 3 days, I really wasn't up to it. Today I was lazy.

I will get back to working out on monday.

I really will.

--------------------------------------


On the plus side, I was able to work on my 9/9/9 challenge.

2 books down.

In the "Books I Already Own" category, I read Deborah Bedford's book Blessing.
It was a good book, not anything deep, but I also had a stomach bug. I didn't want to have to think.

And then I also read Anna and the King of Siam by Margaret Landon. I love that book. (I also love the movies, both of them but that's beside the point.) Not only do you get to step into another world, but also another century. I am a bit bugged though that it is a fictionalized account so I may have to read the memoirs of Anna Leonowens. Although some scholars are saying she might have not been completely truthful (who is?). So I guess this goes in the General Fiction category.

So 2 down, 79 to go.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no! Sorry about the tummy bug--the stomach flu is the reason the word "misery" exists in the dictionary. Hope you're feeling better.

    Hmm, I might just add Anna and the King of Siam to my own list. May also have to get rid of one of my other categories to make room for some additional fiction/classics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Christi, it looks like you and I have a lot in common - we both like Bach, Charlotte Mason, Monty Python, and Jamie's blog. Jamie's blog is my favourite of all!
    Thanks for stopping by to visit mine - I look forward to having a good read of yours now!
    Cath

    ReplyDelete