Saturday, February 7, 2009

7 quick takes

For something a little different (and because I am tired) I thought I would try the 7 quick takes for Friday.

Its still Friday in Colorado where my parents sort of live.

And its still friday in California . . . but I don't know anyone in California.

So it totally counts.

Anyway, so here goes

1. My new black shoes are very comfortable when I am not wearing hose. With hose, they are instruments of torture.

2. Silly putty changes consistancy when it gets wet. It makes it more sticky or something, so that it sticks to skin.

3. I realized the other day, that no matter how much better I think I am doing, I am still an idiot. I was making some hot tea yesterday and for some stupid reason held the cup in my hand while I poured the boiling water. Now my left hand has a nasty looking burn on the top/back/not the palm that covers about half of my hand. Fortunatly it isn't hurting anymore.

Much.

4. I am so thankful I don't have to drive in Houston any big city traffic. In the small town we live, we had a "traffic jam" that lasted for further than I have ever seen it. I think it was about 6 blocks.

5. My feet are still killing me from the shoes I wore tonight.

6. My sister is getting married tomorrow and we are so excited.

7. I won my first blog award yesterday! I will tell you more about it later and pass the award on to other bloggers.

Ok, since my family has now gone to sleep, and I am having to type this in a dark hotel room (my typing is better than I thought), I am going to stop now and go to sleep myself.

If there is anything that is spelled wrong, its because of the dark and I am about to doze off.

Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. If the new shoes you mentioned are heels, I'd call them instruments of torture no matter what.

    Congrats to your sister and her husband-to-be! :) And may your feet survive any and all fancy shoes you don for the occasion.

    Hey, are you feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Houston traffic is the worst... I should know - I do it everyday! Sorry to hear about the burn - that is totally something I'd do. I once picked up a pan right after my husband pulled it out of the oven - and he swears I watched him pull it out of the oven!

    ReplyDelete