Monday, February 16, 2009

I knew February would be a crazy month

I just didn't realize what a difficult month it would be.

And it's only half over.

I have had the usual minor problems. Stupid and inconvenient things like burning my hand (nearly better by the way, except for the peeling). Hassles like illnesses and immunizations.

Then there has been the stuff that has me on my knees, a friends dad's fight with cancer, a friend's husband's diagnosis of cancer, a mentor's cancer returning.

Today I found out that someone that I have been friends with for a long time, our parents are friends, suddenly passed away. She left behind 2 small children (about the ages of mine) and her parents are in failing health. She was 36.

She had sent me an email - one of those forwards - and I was going to send her an email back, after . . . the wedding or youth fair or when I had a chance to think.

I always think there is more time later.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Christi, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's sudden passing. I will keep her family in my prayers. 36 -- wow -- you must be in a state of shock. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sad - I know that I'm guilty of always thinking that there will be more time too. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete