Friday, February 27, 2009
7 Quick Takes
It is Friday again and time for 7 Quick Takes. I love doing these. So let the fun begin!! To see more quick takes, visit Conversion Diary
1. Why am I posting my pregnancy stories? I vividly remember being pregnant and terrified that something awful would happen. In those times, God put someone in my path who had been in a similar situation and things had turned out ok. It is my hope and prayer that I might do the same for someone else.
2. After bedtime, Junior came into the living room visibly upset. He said he had pulled the whiskers off of Daisy's plaster/plastic/not-alive rabbit. He said he deserved a spanking. Looking at his face, I could tell he was punishing himself enough.
Instead I explained grace.
It is such a privilege to watch this little boy grow up and see him grow into a godly young man.
3. Daisy came in to tell us that Junior was complaining of a stomach ache and wouldn't stop crying and apologizing. She was worried about her brother who had just broken something special of hers.
I just have to say, my kids are awesome.
4. Daisy thinks maybe her tooth fairy died. I think maybe its the flu that is going through the tooth fairy town. (I am not sure if she still believes or is just playing along). So Tamara Tooth Fairy really needs to visit tonight.
If she doesn't forget again.
5. I am the new Scholastic coordinator for our homeschool group. This is something I am really excited about and am really going to enjoy.
I just wonder about those questionable books. There are some books that cause some contraversy (like the Golden Compass books) and I don't want to censor. I just wonder if someone orders a book that I have heard some debate on, if I should let the person ordering know.
There is a book out now called Conversations with God that is being pushed by Oprah and other things. Apparently this book is not Biblically based even though you might think it was. So if you ordered this for your teen, would you want me to call and let you know about the contraversy (not wanting to censor, just to let people know they may want to pre-read)? What do you think?
6. I am still working on the youth fair recipe posts. I will hopefully get them up sometime on friday.
7. I rented The Princess Bride and My Fair Lady for Daisy and me. Junior enjoyed Princess Bride even though he didn't want to. He hates My Fair Lady. Daisy is enjoying both of them although she thinks they sing too much in My Fair Lady. She also thought that about The King and I and any other musical we have watched.
Maybe it is because her mom is prone to breaking out in song for no apparent reason.
Her mom is also prone to making up songs like "I know something you don't know" sung to the tune of Camptown Races.