Saturday, February 21, 2009

I messed up the feed

Ok, I am feeling a little uncomfortable about having to post this. I am just picturing people saying "but why on earth would anyone want to subscribe to her feed." But I know there are some others who have subscribed and they aren't getting the updates because I am a dork. (that dates me doesn't it).

I thought I would try using feed burner because I found it may have some features that I thought was cool.

Now I can't remember what they were, but I seem to be stuck with feedburner for now. Despite my computer geek tendencies, this is something that I don't understand.

What I didn't realize was that everyone who had subscribed to my blog would no longer get updates.

Ok, I don't know what I was thinking.

Clearly it was stupid.

And very aggravating.

So I am going to send this through the old feed (I hope) and then if you don't see an update in a couple of days, try going to my blog.

So if you have subscribed to my feed and it has been saying that I haven't updated in like 5 weeks (until today), that's why. Apparently that also applies to the blog roll things and such through blogger.

The only way I can figure out to fix the problem is if you re-subscribe to my feed. sigh I am sorry, if I could fix this on my own, I would.

I will put the settings back on feedburner tonight or tomorrow or Feedburner may fix itself again.

SIGH

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you fixed whatever was wrong!! I wondered why I hadn't received any updates from your blog!! I'm all caught up now, though!! woo-hoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it popped up in my feed so you must have fixed it. :)

    I have a FeedBurner feed too, and didn't find it all that user-friendly, even though I generally do OK with Internet-related stuff. Guess that makes me a dork, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get Sharon's now either and she's on feedburner right? What is that? I'm the techno-dork. I got your feed today though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christi,

    I don't get any of that stuff, because I generally DON'T do OK with anything computer related. Anyway, I did get today's (for the first time in ages) so there must have been something going wrong - I understand that much. So does that mean I do need to resubscribe, or is it fixed now.
    Signed the non-techno dork dork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you got it fixed, but I did notice that over the weekend - like 22 posts came through on my Google Reader. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So THATS what happened..I wondered about that! Either way, I'm glad you got it fixed. Oh, you might want to try Sitemeter (sitemeter dot com). It's MUCH more user-friendly than FeedBurner (which seems to be more geared toward true tech-geeks).

    ReplyDelete