Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I could be a brilliant blogger

If you had any idea of some of the posts I write in my head . . . you would be in awe. Some of the best stuff I have come up with doesn't make it to my blog. I have some severe difficulties to overcome such as my laptop doesn't work in the shower; my hubby doesn't like the glare of the screen in bed (not to mention its hard to type lying down); and I don't think it's safe to write while driving. If I could overcome these challenges . . . .

I really think I come up with my best stuff in the shower, driving or when I am trying not to go to sleep.

Then there is the stuff that I would love to write because it is so funny, but part of it would absolutely humiliate someone. It's one thing to make myself sound like an idiot (which I frequently am, ask how I burned my hand) but it is another to do it to someone else.

I also think that the kind of blogs a person reads, says alot about them. I am kind of picky about which blogs I read. Some of them challenge me, some make me laugh, some tug at my heart. Most of them are people I would like to be friends with IRL although some do intimidate me (I am easily intimidated).

So with all that in mind, I received the Lovely Award from Crystal, a friend that I made in marketing class. She is an amazing lady with an awesome ministry (click on her name to go to her blog and find out more about her ministry). She gave me this award:

“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”


So my challenge was to narrow down my list to only 8 blogs.

That is so hard to do! I really needed to be able to award 10, but I stuck to the rules and chose eight. The odd thing is some of these people have no idea I have been stalking following them. I am horribly shy and so typically just lurk listen.

These bloggers are people I want to be friends with because they sound like girls I would love to sit and have coffee with. So in no particular order . . . the award goes to:

Lifting my Eyes

Oh Be Careful!

Enjoying the Story

The Picket Fence

From the Desk of a Princess

Write Stuff

Smockity Frocks

Hanging out the Wash

Please go check out their blogs.

6 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks Christi! I'm so glad you started to leave me comments on my blog a couple of months ago, because it gave me a chance to read yours; I've enjoyed getting to know you through your blog very much, and I'm sure that any of the other ladies who don't know you've been reading their blogs (until now) will feel the same way. :)

    And I see I'm in good company--you listed some of my favorite bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so humbled! Thank you for hanging out at my little old blog. It's been nice getting to know you! :)

    If we could, I would love to sit and have coffee with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi,

    Thank you so much for your kind words on my latest post. You are absolutely right in your assumptions. :-) My motivation wasn't even just to lose weight, but to be able to have a child of my own and cure diabetes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Christi! I'm so honored! And thanks for coming out of hiding. I love to see who is reading my blog. The sense of community is the reason I love blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award, Christi! My goal is writing is to speak as I would if we were sitting down having a mocha together, so it's nice to hear I might be achieving that goal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the undeserved award! Now I just gotta figure out what to do w/it...hee hee. do I get to send it back to you? Cuz I love reading your blog too, since we hardly get to speak IRL :~)

    ReplyDelete