Wednesday, February 25, 2009

pheww!!!

Do you remember this post where I stated that I was going to post on whether or not I worked out, because embarrassment would make me work out?

Or how about this one where I promised I would get back to working out on Monday, January 26?

Oops.

With all that has been going on, and me being a stress eater, I have added a few pounds. Only about 4 and I caught myself which is progress for me.

So I started working out again, not using the Wii yet (because it's gonna fuss at me, both programs). But I've started the Couch to 5K program.

Sort of.

Since I am sooooooooooo out of shape, I am modifying the first week or so. Day 1 I walked for 25 minutes, day 2 I walked for 5 and then did the walk/jog like they recommend but only for 10 minutes, and did that again today.

It is only supposed to be 3 days a week, but since I haven't done a full day yet . . . .

I just finished a workout. So right now, I am contemplating death.

I watch the Biggest Loser, and there is the one girl Tara who will slow down her workouts to throw up and then go back to it.

I can't push myself that hard. I get queasy and slow down.

But we have a family trip to the beach this summer.

Which means a swimsuit.

sigh

So I have got to push myself harder.

bigger sigh

3 comments:

  1. I'm telling you - the craziest idea I've ever had works! I put that accountability box on the top corner of my blog - and just being able to show my readers that I'm working out motivates me to get it done. :-) That and I signed up to walk my first 5K - so there was no turning back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl...I'm going to restart today too...I have put on 2 over the last 2 weeks that just keep coming and going and I'm ready for them to be gone again for good ;) So glad I'm not the only one, I get so down on myself then realize at least I'm still a bit smaller than I was 3 months ago and have maintained most of it, so think on it that way! I still have quite a bit to go, but it's less than it was last year :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my sympathy re: the swim suit thing. I'm kind of glad that the swimming pool we got last year turned out to be a HUGE pain to put up and take down, and that we've decided to get rid of it. I wasn't even crazy about wearing a swim suit in my own back yard. How sad is that?

    (And yet, am I doing anything about it? No. My excuse is that I just barely have the energy to get school done with the boy every day, meals on the table, and enough clean laundry in dressers and closets to keep everybody happy. Sad, sad, sad.)

    Good luck getting back into your workout routine.

    ReplyDelete