Friday, February 13, 2009

The coolest part of getting a blog award

What do you think the coolest part of getting an award would be?

Well, yes, it's great that you know at least one person thinks you deserve it (while part of you is wondering how many people think their drunken cat writes better.)

Ok, maybe its just me that feels that way.

To me, the coolest part is seeing who it gets passed on to.

I am eagerly anticipating to see who is the next generation of awardees (if that makes sense).

Some of them have passed on the award and I have found new blogs to follow (which I probably don't need).

The thing is, some may think that blogging is silly, and a waste of time, etc.

I don't think it is. I think it is the modern version of a quilting bee or some other gathering.

Women used to gather together and be be able to discuss things like what to do with a colicky baby or the best recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Now we are in such a mobile society, that we don't have those bonds. Blogging can create some of those bonds.

Blogging can allow us to be unwitting ministers.

Back to what I was saying, I was eagerly anticipating who all the award would be passed on to. The first one that posted their list, I had to check them all out. One of the blogs had a post that moved me to comment (and for a shy person that's saying alot). She emailed me back with a response to the comment and a little more info. I kept writing a reply in my head, so I finally typed it up and sent it, including some fairly personal stuff that A. I hadn't thought of in years and B. was afraid I would sound crazy for mentioning it.

In fact, I said "I don't really know why I told you all this. I suppose there was some reason I mentioned something I haven't thought about in 5 years."

There was. She had been asking her husband and best friend a question that my email answered. My crazy email. The email that I though might get me labeled as a really weird freak.

So the best part of getting a blog award is the friends that you make.

1 comment:

  1. I'm assuming that you're talking about our email exchange... :-) (I could be totally wrong though!)

    I was so happy to hear from you on that subject... even if it wasn't what was going on with my body - at least I know that I wasn't crazy.

    I'm so happy to have found you, and (if this isn't weird) I hope to continue our bloggy friendship for a long time to come!

    ReplyDelete